- Parul Goetz
President & Co-Founder
- Nathaniel H. Goetz
Vice President & Co-Founder
- Karen G. Pearlmutter
- Jennifer Cypra
- David Kaiser
- Christopher R. Gamber
Board Member - Development/Fundraising
August 14, 2012
NZMG Foundation Board Member – Development/Fundraising
Posting Date: July 31, 2012
About the NZMG Foundation
Incorporated in 2011 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, the mission of the Noah Z.M. Goetz Foundation, Inc. is to help those experiencing infertility make the dream of parenthood a reality through education about the domestic adoption process and the provision of grant funding. In its first year of operation, the Foundation successfully:
• Administered its Education Program to 10 couples transitioning from infertility to domestic adoption as a way to build their family, with one couple completing the adoption of their first child in February 2012;
• Established a partnership with Duke Fertility Center that allowed it to train 7 medical staff in how the domestic adoption process works so they may provide further support to their patients;
• Increased access to its learning module, Domestic Adoption 101, through its inclusion in the Pay It Forward Fertility Foundation’s On-Line Education Portal, a digital library provided free of charge to the public; and,
• Hosted the 1st Annual NZMG Foundation VIP Reception and Benefit, raising $5,000.00 to support its Grant Program that provides discretionary funds to help beneficiaries offset the costs of a domestic adoption.
The Foundation relies solely on volunteers, many who have personally experienced infertility and domestic adoption. It is governed by a Board of Directors and is supported by an Advisory Committee. For additional information, please visit: www.nzmgfoundation.org.
Board Member Description
The primary responsibility of this board member is leading the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy to secure on-going revenue for the NZMG Foundation. The board member will also chair the Foundation’s development committee. Specific areas of interest to the Foundation are:
• Development of corporate and business sponsorships for its Grant Program;
• Hosting one large annual fundraising event;
• Cultivating donors; and,
• Improving the Foundation’s donor database.
- Other Responsibilities
The board member will support the NZMG Foundation and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Specific board member responsibilities are:
• Serve as advisor to the board president as s/he develops and implements the Foundation’s strategic plan;
• Approve the Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities;
• Representing the Foundation to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization; and,
• Make an annual cash donation to the Foundation. Board members are expected to give to the best of their means, at a level they would consider generous
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Three to five years’ development/fundraising experience;
• A proven track record of revenue generation; and,
• Prior experience in sponsorship development, event coordination, and donor cultivation.
An understanding of, or experience with, the issues of infertility and/or domestic adoption are highly desirable, but not required.
NZMG Foundation board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings are held monthly and committee meetings are held as scheduled.
This is a volunteer, non-compensated position.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to Nathaniel H. Goetz at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2012. Please include, “Board Application,” in the subject line. Upon receipt of your application, the board will contact you for an interview. The position will begin on October 1, 2012.
No comments have been posted.