Triangle Gives Back is a philanthropy initiative of Triangle Community Foundation (TCF). TCF built TriangleGivesBack.org to increase connection among people, issues, and nonprofit organizations in our region in order to do good differently.
- What personal information of yours is collected through TriangleGivesBack.org.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- TCF’s obligations to you.
- Your obligations to TCF and TriangleGivesBack.org Users.
Personal Information Collected
Users voluntarily provide information about themselves or their organizations for the purposes of developing, maintaining, and enhancing their connection with other people and organizations in our region. We refer to this information as “personal information.” We collect your personal information in the following ways:
In order to become an Individual User, you must first create an account on our website. To create an account, you are required to provide the following contact information which allows others - including TCF - to identify you: name, location, email address, and interest area. You also have the option of including a photograph. You recognize and expressly acknowledge that this is personal information, and taken collectively may be referred to as a “profile.”
Individual Users have the following privacy options: (1) Hide their profile; (2) Allow others to e-mail them without disclosing their email address; or (3) Allow organizations to follow them for future contacts via the website and email.
In order to become on Organizational User, the organization representative must first create an account on our website. To create an account, the organization representative is required to provide the following contact information which allows others - including TCF - to identify it: organization name, email address, subject area. The organization recognizes and expressly acknowledges that this is personal information and taken collectively may be referred to as a “profile.”
After becoming a User, organizations may provide additional information in the profile section describing their mission, events, volunteer opportunities, funding needs, and more. Individual users may also provide additional information describing their community and charitable interests. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is optional, but enables Users to better connect. Users recognize and expressly acknowledge that additional profile information provided may also include personal information.
We do not collect personal information about you from any other sources.
Uses of Information
By Users of the Website
TriangleGivesBack.org is an online service dedicated to helping individuals and nonprofit organizations more effectively connect with one another. The personal information you choose to provide on our website is used to help you describe yourself or your organization to other Users.
By Triangle Community Foundation
Information that does not personally indentify you as an individual is collected by TCF through the website (for example patterns of utilization) and is exclusively owned by TCF. This information may be utilized by TCF in such manners as TCF, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate.
For Communication Purposes
TCF may communicate with you by email and notices posted on TriangleGivesBack.org or through others means available through the service.
For Surveys and Polls
As a User, you may receive requests to participate in research including pools and surveys. If you participate in surveys and pools offered through our website, the information you provide may be visible to others using TriangleGivesBack.org
Our Obligations to You
Sharing Information with Third Parties
TCF takes your privacy seriously.
- We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- TCF may disclose some or all personal information provided by Users to service providers and independent contractors, but only for the purposes of servicing and administering activities of TriangleGivesBack.org. Our agreements with these service providers contain confidentiality provisions and restrictions on using this information for any other purposes.
- TCF may provide to third parties aggregated anonymous data collected from and descriptive of the usage of TriangleGivesBack.org for such purposes as we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including prospective advertisers or formal partners.
- We may also disclose certain information as required under applicable law, for example, to government agencies.
Your Obligations to Triangle Gives Back and Other Users
As a User, you have certain obligations to TCF and toward the other Users with whom you will be communicating.
- You must not post, download, or otherwise disseminate any information which could be deemed injurious, violent, offensive, or discriminatory or which violates the non-discrimination policy of TCF. That policy reads as follows:
Triangle Community Foundation actively seeks to promote access, equity, and inclusiveness, and to discourage discrimination that denies the essential humanity of all people. Our grantmaking policies reflect the belief that organizational performance is greatly enhanced when people with different backgrounds and perspectives are engaged in an organization’s activities and decision making. Triangle Community Foundation does not knowingly support organizations that negatively discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, physical disability or national origin. The Foundation defines “negative discrimination” to include (but not necessarily be limited to) denial of services, employment or volunteer opportunities to any class of individuals in a manner that negatively restricts opportunities of that class of individuals.
- You must not provide information on TriangleGivesBack.org and/or to other Users which you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person, your professional or social status or the person or professional or social status of any third party or other Users.
- You must respect the intellectual property rights of others. Users may not upload, post, or otherwise transmit on TriangleGivesBack.org any materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other TriangleGivesBack.org Users. TCF reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
Limitations on Liability and Indemnification
Limitation on Liability
To the extent allowed by North Carolina state law, TCF and its directors, employees, or agents will not be liable to Users or third parties for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages arising from any User’s use of or reliance on TriangleGivesBack.org
TCF is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User content. Although we provide rules for User conduct, we do not control and are not responsible for what Users post, transmit, or share on TriangleGivesBack.org. We are also not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter. TCF is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the website.
TriangleGivesBack.org may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. TCF assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation.
Users agree to indemnify and hold TCF and each of its directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners, and employees harmless from and against any and all loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs, and expenses suffered by or resulting to the User and arising out of or in connection with content, communication or reliance on TriangleGivesBack.org.
Trademark is pending on Triangle Gives Back and TriangleGivesBack.org.
Other Important Information
Children are not eligible to use TriangleGivesback.org. We ask that minors under the age of 18 not submit any personal information to us or otherwise use TriangleGivesBack.org.
Changes to This Policy
Diligent Inquiry of Organizations
Beyond ensuring that an organization is indeed a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in or serving Chatham, Durham, Orange, or Wake counties (NC), TCF will not regularly investigate an organization’s financial status, management procedures, or effectiveness.
Contrary to reports about cookies and online privacy, cookies do not contain viruses and most cannot reveal any personally identifiable information about you unless you willingly provide it as a user on a site.
Links to other Web sites
How to Contact Us